According to the CDC, Not counting some forms of skin cancer, prostate cancer in the United States is:
- The most common cancer in men, no matter your race or ethnicity.
- The second most common cause of death from cancer among white, African American, American Indian/Alaska Native, and Hispanic men.
- The fourth most common cause of death from cancer among Asian/Pacific Islander men.
- More common in African-American men compared to white men.
- Less common in American Indian/Alaska Native and Asian/Pacific Islander men compared to white men.
- More common in Hispanic men compared to non-Hispanic men.
- In 2007 (the most recent year for which numbers are available)—
- 223,307 men in the United States were diagnosed with prostate cancer.
- 29,093 men in the United States died from prostate cancer
Symptoms of prostate cancer are:
- Difficulty starting urination
- Weak or interrupted flow of urine
- Frequent urination, especially at night
- Difficulty emptying the bladder completely
- Pain or burning during urination
- Blood in the urine or semen
- Pain in the back, hips, or pelvis that doesn’t go away
- Painful ejaculation
If you have any these symptoms, be sure to see your doctor right away. Keep in mind that these symptoms may be caused by conditions other than prostate cancer.
Treatment Options at Human Reconstruction
At our clinic we do not offer chemotherapy, surgery or replace the need for an oncologist. Our doctors specialize in performing therapies that improve the function of the immune system to identify and address cancer cells.
- Standard treatments include surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy and the treatment protocol depends upon how your cancer is staged and graded along with your oncologist’s decision. Once diagnosed the treatment for cancer often encompasses all three therapies, and usually results in a poor outcome. In actuality, the use of chemotherapy is useless in nearly all cases since it only contributes a 2% absolute survival benefit. This means that after 5 years only 2 additional persons out of 100 will be alive due to the use of chemotherapy when compared with patients who refused chemotherapy.
- You may have heard of integrative cancer treatment centers like the Cancer Treatment Centers of America, who employ Naturopathic Medical Doctors and other alternative health professionals to treat their patients more holistically, and get a better result. You don’t have to fly to Phoenix or Oklahoma for the alternative therapies, as we are in the Sacramento area, and have experience in supporting the body during its experience with cancer.
Each of our oncology patients is asked to perform an extensive collection of testing. The tests will use blood, urine and stool samples to evaluate the patient’s:
- Metabolic Processes
- Genetic Detoxification Polymorphisms
- Food Sensitivities
- Hormone Metabolites
- Immune Function
- Nutritional Deficiencies
- Nutritional Toxicities
- Toxic Body Burden